Cathay Pacific (CX) is the national flag carrier of Hong Kong with its main hub located at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG). The airline offers scheduled passenger, cargo services to destinations worldwide. The airline, a member of the OneWorld alliance, currently holds the title, world’s third largest airline in terms of market capitalization.
• Cathay serves 168 destinations in 42 countries and territories in 5 continents
• It offers frequent services to Auckland, Brisbane, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Dubai, Mumbai, Perth, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto etc
• Cathay is launching new services to Male from October 2013 and New York from March 2014
CheapTickets.hk offers the best fares on Cathay Pacific flights from Hong Kong.
Fleet : Currently Cathay’s fleet includes 111 wide-bodied jets which include Airbus A330, A340, A350 and Boeing 747,777.
Travel Classes : Cathay Pacific operates four-class configurations on most of its Boeing 747-400 and the Boeing 777-300ER fleet, two-class configuration on short-haul aircraft and most of the Airbus A340-300 fleet, and three-class configurations on all other aircraft.
• First Class: The cabins with outstanding craftsmanship and uncompromising quality provide the finest environment available, complemented with world class services. Fully lie-flat beds, wide screen personal TV and a choice of hundreds of entertainment selections with Audio and Video on Demand offers seamless experience to guests. Delicious array of Asian and international dishes and fine wines are served on-board.
• Business Class : It includes new Business Class, Business Class, new Regional Business Class and Regional Business Class. New Business class cabins are offered in Boeing 777-300ER and Airbus A330-300 aircraft. All the business class cabins provide comfortable personal space, world-class products as well as services to match the needs of leisure and business travelers. The Business Class seats are designed for optimum comfort, with a special lumbar cushion.
• Premium Economy Class : Premium Economy Class is installed on most of Cathay Pacific long-haul flights. These are cozy and spacious cabins with 26 to 34 seats.
• Economy Class : Economy Class with fixed-back shell seat provides maximized personal space. The LEAP® Live Back™ upholstered seat, together with smooth reclining and an adjustable headrest, offer enhanced comfort.
In-flight entertainment program,’ Entertainment Plus’ offers passengers on-board, full access to personal television, TV shows, music , radio channels, games, etc. Award-winning ‘StudioCX entertainment system’ with Audio and Video on Demand is available in the economy class cabin. Royal dining on-board with varied dishes are served irrespective of the classes. The duty free online shopping service, ’CXcitement Shop’ offers an unlimited shopping option on-board.
Frequent Flyer Program : ‘Marco Polo’ and ‘Asia Miles’ are the airline’s two loyalty programs. ‘Marco Polo’ offers, Green, Silver, Gold, Diamond and Diamond Plus as its different tiers of membership.