Cheap Flights To Toulouse
Cheap Flights To this vibrant French city depart from many major cities. Toulouse, the capital of the Occitanie region of France, is situated on the banks of the Garonne River. With striking medieval architecture, the city is often called "La Ville Rose" or "The Pink City" because of its abundant terracotta-coloured buildings. As well as a charming Old Quarter, you will find world-class museums, a stunning main square, and two UNESCO World Heritage Sites - the Canal du Midi and the Basilica of Saint-Sernin.
The city becomes more modern as you travel out from the centre, and it is in the outskirts that Airbus and other aerospace companies have made their home, making Toulouse a hub for the European Aerospace Industry. The Cite de l'espace, the largest space centre in Europe, is a popular attraction for many.
As it is close to the border with Spain, a Spanish influence is noticeable across the city. Therefore, you can sample good Spanish tapas here, as well as tasty local fare. Toulouse also hosts an annual lively Flamenco Festival.
Book a cheap flight to Toulouse to discover the beautiful sights and other attractions that this dynamic French city has to offer.
Things To Do
Attractions within the city centre are easily walkable, while good transport links are available for attractions that are further out, such as the Cite de l'espace.
- To see the heart of the city
The Place du Capitole is a bustling square with stunning buildings, a lively atmosphere and plenty of bars and restaurants. The city hall and the prestigious opera venue Théâtre du Capitole are also located here.
- For anyone interested in Space
Located on the outskirts of the city, Cite de l'espace is great day out for grown-ups as well as kids. The theme park features fascinating hands-on exhibits, a planetarium, an observatory and an IMAX cinema.
- For Lovers of Stunning Architecture and History
The Basilica of Saint-Sernin is the largest Romanesque-style church in Europe. Rich in history, the basilica was an important pilgrimage centre during medieval times, while today it is a stop on the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route.
Calendar of Events
The city hosts a variety of festivals, fairs, concerts and sporting events throughout the year, many of which draw large crowds.
- Fête de la Violetta: Taking place at the Place du Capitole in early February when the violet is near the end of its flowering season, this festival celebrates the city's emblematic flower. This is a great family day out with lots of violet-coloured decorations and fragrant aromas filling the air.
- Toulouse d'Été: This summer festival takes place during July and August, with hundreds of artists converging on the city to entertain locals and tourists alike with a range of musical genres, such as classical and jazz.
- Flamenco Festival: Since 2002, this annual festival brings together Andalusian and Spanish artists to promote the culture and art of flamenco. With stunning shows on offer as well as the opportunity to take part in dance classes, this is a vibrant and memorable festival.